Batten Car Systems
|The Antal HS Mast Slider System is
designed for boats with full batten mainsails that experience high
loads and compression-loading on the mainsail luff. The system’s
aluminum slider contain HS composite fiber inserts that run on
aluminum track mounted on the mast. HS composite fiber is a new
material that is durable over long periods of use, and offers
extremely low friction coefficients. The material is made from
special resins strengthened with fiber.
The HS Mast Slider System provides the following
- The low friction of the HS fiber allows the cars
to be shorter than ball bearing cars, thereby reducing the stack
height of the flaked main.
- The lower cars can be easily removed from the
track when reefing, thereby keeping the tack closer to the boom.
- Minimum friction under load.
- Less maintenance than ball bearing systems.
- Cars can be easily removed and reinstalled on the
track when the main is changed.