the PDF brochure
All new digital SSB with remoteable
control head offers the clearest reception ever.
Big dials, a large dot-matrix LCD and
well spaced buttons make ICOM’s newest SSB a snap to operate, even in
rough seas. A full key pad, over 1300 channels, wide band RX, Ham band
TX (license required) and RX included, one-touch e-mail access (a SSB
first!) with no optional filters required, front panel headset jack (to
keep from waking up the crew), and many more thoughtful features make
this remoteable control head SSB ICOM’s most advanced ever.
(Click to view & order)
- The latest in ICOM SSB technology and
- Digital Selective Processing (DSP)
virtually eliminates noise and interference.
- Pindrop clear voice reception
- Digital processing improves data
- Industry standard 4 x 8 inch size
- Easy to install
- Same faceplate proportions as many
other marine electronics devices
- Family look with ICOM IC-M502
- Only about 4 inches deep, the
remote controller fits in nearly any nav station. The cabinet is
designed to self flush-mount, hiding the hole cut for the remote
controller. Hide the compact main unit
- Mounting bracket for the remote
controller and the speaker is included, in case you choose not
to flush mount the radio.
- Mounting bracket for the main unit
is also included. With its small footprint (less than a foot
square), you can mount the main unit in more out of the way
places, like under the navigator’s seat
- Separate external speaker (required
and included) allows you to place the sound where it’s needed most
- 150 watts of power, 100% duty cycle
- All modes, including RTTY
- 100% E-mail ready, with one touch
button access on the front panel. A SSB first! No filters required.
- Receive 500 kHz - 29.9999 MHz
- Monitor all 976 ITU voice and data
channels, HAM bands and aircraft WX
- 1355 channels
- Transmit: IC-M802 includes HF HAM
RADIO TRANSMIT & RECEIVE. Appropriate HAM license required to
transmit on amateur radio frequencies.
- 160 user programmable memory channels,
each identified by either alpha characters, channel number or
- GPS interface port, NMEA 0183 version
2.0 => version 2.0 or later. Turn your IC-M802 into a long-range
GMDSS emergency service radio
- Multiple scanning modes
- Rugged main unit metal chassis
- Direct keypad entry
- Large backlit, dot-matrix LCD display
with 10 selectable lighting levels
- Large tactile knobs, easy to use in
rough boating conditions
- Backlit keypads offer information
silk-screened right on the backlit keys, eliminating much guesswork
when operating in a dark cabin.
- New automatic antenna tuner AT-140
matches the transceiver to a long wire antenna.
- New, pre-wired cable connection
points makes installation easier than ever.
- "Pass-through tuning"
automatically tunes for reception.
- Simple electrical connections for easy
- Easy to read and understand owners
- 2 year warranty
|This information is
taken directly off of the ICOM IC-M802 brochure.
- Frequency coverage (Unit : MHz):
- Rx 0.5–29.9999
- 1.6– 2.9999, 4.0–
4.9999, 6.0– 6.9999
- 8.0– 8.9999, 12.0–13.9999,
- 18.0–19.9999, 22.0–22.9999,
- Type of emission :
- J3E (SSB), J2B (AFSK), F1B
- (FSK), A1A (CW), H3E (AM*)
- (*Rx only)
- Number of channels : 1355 (max.)
- (160 user programmable; 249
ITU SSB duplex; 72 ITU SSB simplex; 662 ITU FSK duplex;
160 e-mail; 21 ITU 4MHz simplex; 31 ITU 8MHz simplex)
- Antenna impedance : 50Ω
- Power supply requirement : 13.6V
- Max. current drain (at 13.6V
- Tx (Max. power) 30A (typ.)
- Rx (Max. audio) 3.0A
- Operating temp. range :
- –30°C to +60°C; –22°F
- Guaranteed range : –20°C
to +55°C; –4°F to +131°F
- Frequency stability : ±10Hz (at
–20°C to +55°C)
- Dimensions (W×H×D; projections
- Main unit 240×94×238.4mm;
- Controller 220×110×84.4mm;
- Speaker 110×110×84.4mm;
- Weight :
- Main unit 4.7kg; 10.36lb
- Controller 570g; 1.26lb
- Speaker 370g; 0.81lb
- Output power : 150, 60, 20W PEP
- Spurious emissions : –62dB
- Unwanted sideband : 55dB
- Carrier suppression : 40dB
- Microphone impedance : 600Ω
- Sensitivity (at 10dB S/N) :
|0.5 – 1.5999MHz
(at 1% error rate)
|1.6 – 1.7999MHz
|1.8 – 3.9999MHz
- Spurious response rejection
- (1.6–29.9999MHz) More than
- Audio output power (at 13.6V DC)
: 4.0W typical at 10% distortion with a 4Ω load
- Audio output impedance: 4–8Ω
- Clarity variable range : ±150Hz
- GPS interface : NMEA 0183
version 2.0 or later
- Separation cable, OPC-1106 (5m;
- Hand microphone, HM-135
- External speaker, SP-24
- Mounting bracket kits
- Microphone hanger
- DC power cables
- ACC plugs
- Spare fuses
HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Matches the transceiver to a long
wire antenna with little insertion loss. Cable connections are
easy to install. AT-130 is also available.
ANTENNA MATCHER: Match the transceiver to a dipole antenna.
Covers all HF bands from 1.5 to 30MHz. Two 8m antenna wires
ANTENNA MATCHER: Match the transceiver to a longwire antenna.
Covers all HF bands from 1.5 to 30MHz. A 15m antenna wire
DC POWER SUPPLY: Provides 13.6V DC (30A) output from an AC
DC-DC CONVERTER: Provides 13.6V DC (30A) output from 19–32V
FLUSH MOUNT KIT: For mounting the controller or speaker to a
EXTERNAL SPEAKER: 4×4-inch external speaker. Same as
supplied. Input impedance: 4Ω. Max. input power: 7W.
FOLDED DIPOLE ANTENNA: Covers 1.9 to 30MHz band. Has an SO-239
connector and 30m coaxial cable. Easy to assemble.
REMOTE CONTROLLER: Remote controller head. Same as supplied.
HAND MICROPHONE: Remote function mic. Same as supplied.
SEPARATION CABLE: 5m (16.4ft) separation cable between
controller and main unit. Same as supplied.
SHIELD CONTROL CABLE: 10m (32.8ft) shield cable to control