- Charting - pre-loaded Navionics Silver charts (Insight HD for the Americas) plus super-fast chart redraw for seamless navigation even at high speeds.
- Simple controls - even for the first-time user, with an alphanumeric keypad, rotary controller and direct access keys.
- Broadband sounder and StructureScan Sounder–NSE units are fully compatible with the revolutionary BSM-1 Broadband Sounder and Lowrance Structure Scan Sonar
- Autopilot –Full integration with Simrad Yachting’s award winning Simrad AP24 Marine Autopilots and Simrad AP28 Marine autopilots. The NSE can either work with or replace the AP24 and AP28 control units altogether and interface directly with the Simrad AC12 Marine Autopilot Computer and Simrad AC42 Marine autopilot computers, giving full autopilot control and a wide range of dynamic displays. This makes installation cheaper and simpler, and makes data control and viewing easier.
- StructureScan Sonar – the NSE units now support the Lowrance StructureScan sonar, and users can dramatically enhance their sonar / fishfinding capabilities by incorporating the StructureScan module into their network. The Simrad NSE8 and Simrad NSE12 high resolution screens provide incredible detail of bottom contour and structure.
- Radar - Simrad NSE users can not only control and display the information from their radar scanners, but also select the True Motion Radar option for improved situational awareness. They can also select a faster rotation speed (36 or 48 RPM versus the usual 24 RPM) for the Simrad 3G and 4G Broadband Radar scanner for more rapid updates in situations where targets are moving rapidly and close to the boat.
- CZone Digital Switching - CZone by BEP Marine is a system that allows complete monitoring and control of critical shipboard systems from a single point. Control of AC or DC circuits can be powered on or off at the touch of a single key. NSE units are will act as the point of control for a CZone installation via simple on-screen menus. CZone makes initial installation easier, and greatly simplifies the control and monitoring process for the boat owner.
- Build your own network of state-of-the art Simrad navigation technology for professional-grade performance; just plug in Broadband or HD radar, best-in-class marine autopilots, AIS ( Automatic Identification System) and more to create an integrated navigation station.
- Additional features include additional navigation aids and contour lines for Insight HD cartography (USA only), heading vectors on Navionics cartography, Fish ‘n’ Chips support for Navionics Platinum Plus and customisable splash screens for boat builders.
In the box
- NSE 8" or 12" unit
- Power cable
- Video / comms cable
- Snap-on front bezel
- Mounting gasket
- Sun cover
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Yoke mount
- Connector caps (set of seven)
- Document wallet with manuals
- Bracket mount knobs and washers, screws
- Cut-out template
- Display Resolution: 800 x 600 for 8", 1024 x 768 for 12"
- Display Type: Color TFT LCD
- Display Modes up, Course-up*, North-up*,
Relative Motion (*Heading input required)
- Multilanguage Display - English (UK),
English (US), German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Croatian,
Finnish, Icelandic, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Slovenian,
Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian
- NMEA 0183 Interface Input: GLL, GGA, RMC,
RMB, GSA, GSV, APB, BWC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG
- NMEA Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG,
ZDA, AAM, APB, BOD, BWC, BWR, RMC, RMB, XTE, DBT, DPT,MTW, VLW,VHW,
HDG, MWV,TLL, TTM
- Housing Die Cast Aluminum Rear housing
& Front panel. Plastic front bezel
- Waterproof Standard IPx7
- Dimensions: 8" - 11.2"W x 8.3"H x 4.83"D, 12" - 14" W x 10.7" H x 4.8" D
- Power Supply 12.0 VDC-24.0 VDC (9.0 -
34.0 VDC Min-Max) vDC
- Power Consumption 21.6W or 1.8A @ 12.0
VDC or 21.6W or 0.9A @ 24VDC
- CPU (Central Processing Unit) 1.6 GHz
- Memory Size RAM: 512 MB / Hard Drive: 80
- Operating Temperature -15 Deg C to +55
Deg C (+5 Deg F to +131 Deg F)